Some of your medications will be prescribed on a regular basis. You can get repeat prescriptions of your regular medications in the following ways.
- Online via the web link above.
- Sign up to Patient Online Access, a registration form needs to be completed which can be downloaded from the link below or at reception.
- In person at reception. You can either hand in your ticked computerised slip (if the medication is not on the slip, write it clearly on the bottom ) or you can fill out a repeat prescription request form at the desk.
- You can send in your repeat prescription request by post / fax.
You can collect the prescription 2 working days later (excluding weekends and bank holidays) in the following way:
- You can collect the prescription from reception during opening times.
- We will be happy to post it back to you if you give us a stamped addressed envelope along with your request.
- You can have the prescription delivered to you by Rowlands (formerly Renton’s) or ABC chemists; however you will need to make arrangements with the chemist.
WE CANNOT TAKE REQUESTS FOR REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS OVER THE TELEPHONE
DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT WAYS OF GETTING YOUR PRESCRIPTION IF YOU ARE ON REGULAR TREATMENT?
- Batch Prescriptions
If your medicines are stable and you are happy to go to the same chemist to collect your medication - ask your doctor for a batch prescription. Your doctor could give you 6 months or 1 year of medication for your chemist to dispense to you every 1-2 months (so you won't need to keep revisiting the practice!).
Many chemists will order your prescriptions regularly for you. They can also collect the prescription form from us so that all you do is collect your medication from the chemist. You will need to contact your local chemist to arrange this service.
Many chemists will order the prescription from us, collect it from us and deliver the medication to you if you are housebound or have difficulty getting out. You will need to contact your local chemist to arrange this service.